HOME

[hohm]

noun

1. a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence of a person, family, or household.

2. the place in which one’s domestic affections are centered.

Synonyms
1. abode, dwelling, habitation; domicile. See house. 2. hearth, fireside.
3. asylum.

 

HOME
August 1-30
Opening First Friday, August 1st
5:30-8:30

We are planning a village of handcrafted structures for our August 2014 Front Gallery Exhibition called HOME.

Houses made with lots of love and imagination; of clay or wire or paper maché, of wood or cardboard with paint, or fabric and lace; 3-D abodes… dwellings… home. We want all sizes and colors, fancy and not so fancy…use your imagination. You can make more than one if you like!

You are invited to participate in this invitational exhibition and sale. Guest artists are invited to construct one or more houses to be included in HOME. If you would like to participate please reply to this invitation by May 18, 2014.

Exhibit Rules
All artwork must be 3-d and for sale.
The length and width of your house should not exceed 12”, the height should not exceed 60”. (without prior approval). Artists may use any combination of material they choose.

We are inviting several groups of children to paint the backdrops to our village, which should add to the whimsical factor of this exhibition. As a contribution to our community we will be collecting food and monetary donations for the South Brevard Sharing Center throughout the exhibition period. Along with a food pantry open to Brevard County residents in need, they provide assistance with prescriptions, utilities and rent vouchers; to help keep families in their homes. For more info about the South Brevard Sharing Center see their website.  The gallery will receive a 40% commission on all sales; the artist will receive the remaining 60%. Unsold artwork will be returned to the artists at the end of the exhibition. Artists may choose to donate their proceeds to the South Brevard Sharing Center; you can inform the gallery, at the time of artwork delivery.
Participants must respond to this invitation by May 18, 2014. It is important that you let me know… so I can extend the invitation to other artists.
Artwork can be dropped off at the gallery starting on Saturday, July 19th. The deadline for delivery is Thursday, July 24th at 5:00.

We look forward to your participation in this exciting exhibition. Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

Sincerely,

Renee Decator
decatjr@aol.com
Fifth Avenue Art Gallery
www.fifthavenueartgallery.com

p.s.

For some great ideas on construction of 3-d houses, take a look at these pages on the internet: http://www.pinterest.com/spunkyfluff/little-houses/

http://www.pinterest.com/annybeads/houses/